For her role in Cult, she was nominated for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Limited Series or Movie.
Porter is a theatre, television, and film actress. She made her television debut in 1990 with a brief appearance on Law & Order, and would return to the show for two additional guest appearances as Sheryl Decker in 1994 and Mary Byman in 1995. Porter debuted on the silver screen for Swoon (2002) and has also made several guest appearances on a variety of television programs and networks over the intervening decades, which include CSI: NY, Prison Break, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Grey's Anatomy, Glee, The Vampire Diaries, and many more. Porter landed a recurring role as Lettie Mae Thornton on HBO series True Blood from 2008 to 2014. Since then, Porter has also had recurring roles on popular programs such as Kendra James on The Newsroom, Pearly Mae on Underground, and Indra on The 100. Porter appeared as a guest in an episode of Murder House, and returned to the anthology series five years later as the testimonial Lee Miller in Roanoke, and later Beverly Hope for Cult.
- Indra (The 100)
- Kendra James (The Newsroom)
- Lettie Mae (True Blood)
- Nandi LaMarche (The Vampire Diaries)
- Leticia Barris (Prison Break)
- Porter's role in Roanoke is her second appearance in a season of American Horror Story. She made her debut on the show as an episode guest star five years previously in Murder House.
- Porter won an Obie Award for her off-broadway performance of Venus in 1996.
- Even though she portrays one of the important characters in Roanoke, she's only billed as a guest star. This is worth mentioning because actors such as Evan Peters and Cheyenne Jackson, whose characters appear in way fewer episodes are billed as starring.
- The reason for this is a contract issue; she cannot appear in other shows if she is listed as a regular cast member on American Horror Story.
- As of 2018, Porter has recieved three major nominations for her work on American Horror Story.
- In 2017 and 2018, she was nominated for the Satellite Awards in the category of "Best Supporting Actress on Television" for the roles of Lee Harris in Roanoke and Beverly Hope in Cult, respectively.
- In 2018, she was nominated for the Primetime Emmy Awards in the category of "Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Limited Series or Movie" for the role of Beverly Hope in Cult.
- Chapter 1 - Lee Harris
- Chapter 2 - Lee Harris
- Chapter 3 - Lee Harris
- Chapter 5 - Lee Harris
- Chapter 6 - Lee Harris
- Chapter 7 - Lee Harris
- Chapter 8 - Lee Harris
- Chapter 9 - Lee Harris
- Chapter 10 - Lee Harris
- Don't Be Afraid of the Dark - Beverly Hope (voice only)
- Neighbors From Hell - Beverly Hope
- 11-9 - Beverly Hope
- Holes - Beverly Hope
- Mid-Western Assassin - Beverly Hope
- Valerie Solanas Died For Your Sins: Scumbag - Beverly Hope
- Winter of Our Discontent - Beverly Hope
- Drink the Kool-Aid - Beverly Hope
- Charles (Manson) in Charge - Beverly Hope
- Great Again - Beverly Hope
- The End - Dinah Stevens
- The Morning After - Dinah Stevens
- Forbidden Fruit - Dinah Stevens
- Could It Be... Satan? - Dinah Stevens
- Traitor - Dinah Stevens
- Fire and Reign - Dinah Stevens
- Apocalypse Then - Dinah Stevens
- ↑ Porter, Adina (15 Sept. 2016). Winners of the 1996 Obie Awards.
- ↑ Adina Porter clarifies her guest starring roles in American Horror Story on Twitter