Personality and Appearance
Pennypacker is of Asian origin, often wearing glasses and dresses in formal clothes similar to those of the other instructor warlocks consisting of a dark suit and a tie; he also sports a pompadour haircut. He is very formal and charming, and although kind and nurturing towards his apprentices, he hides a deep resentment towards the witches; which he particularly shares with Ariel, whom he follows devotedly. This extreme resentment is laid bare when he conspires with Ariel to murder John Henry Moore, and later to kill all the witches of the Coven in an attempt to seize power for the Warlocks. He despises the witches so much that he maniacally laughs at the prospect of killing them all with the concoction he made. He is also shown to be pretentious, as the powder concoction he made to kill the witches was originally another's witch invention, while he claimed it was the result of his lifelong work.
He is first seen at Hawthorne's Academy for exceptional Young Men telling Behold that they have been summoned to a meeting by the Grand Chancellor. When Ariel shows them the video of Michael Langdon brutally killing a jailguard, he is fascinated by the idea of him being the Alpha, contemplating the possibilities.
He is part of the jury that judges Michael's skills on their four levels test, where he is thoroughly impressed by Michael's capabilities, as he exceeds all of their requests with his demonstrations of power. He would then side with Ariel on everything regarding pushing Michael to be the next Supreme and overthrowing the witches. He is seen with Ariel when he asked Supreme Cordelia Goode to allow Michael to attempted the Test of the Seven Wonders, as Pennypacker scribes.
He would then work closely with Ariel in order to push Michael to supremacy, going as far as concocting a poisonous powder that only kills women –and in a very brutal manner— in order to get rid of them and assert the position of the warlocks as the dominant faction. When he shows this concoction to Ariel, he claims that it is the result of his lifelong work, but he's interrupted by Cordelia, who chastises him for plagiarizing said concoction, as it was another witch's invention. His mouth is then erased by Cordelia and he is then seized and handcuffed.
Dressed in a white robe, he was judged along with Ariel and Ms. Mead on the account of the murder of John Henry Moore and for conspiracy to kill the witches of the Coven, which was proven by Bubbles McGee's use of Lectio Animo.
Baldwin is a natural born warlock who manifested three of the Seven Wonders.
- Telekinesis - One of the Seven Wonders, the magical ability to move things with only the power of the mind. Baldwin used it as motivation for Michael when he was performing Salire per spatium by throwing a brick and an athame towards him.
- Pyrokinesis - One of the Seven Wonders, the magical ability to create, control and manipulate fire. Baldwin used it to ignite a circle for a blessing before Michael's trial for the Seven Wonders.
- Divination - One of the Seven Wonders, the magical ability to gain knowledge through indirect means.
- Scrying - The magical ability to see things such as messages, visions, and prophecies one a reflective surface. This power is required by warlocks in order to be at level one and since Baldwin is at level three, it can be presumed that he has this power.
- Potioncraft - Affinity for an extensive knowledge of "Green Magic," including conventional herbalism as well as more sophisticated botanical science and potion brewing.
- Witch Killing Powder - Baldwin concocts a powder that, when inhaled, specifically kills witches by making them hemorrhage from every pore from their body.
- To Ariel: It only kills women! (maniacally laughs)
- ↑ In Sojourn, he appears as a corpse
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Could It Be... Satan?"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Traitor"
- ↑ "Apocalypse Then"
- ↑ BD Wong on Instagram (@wongbd)