Billie Catherine Lourd (born July 17, 1992) is an American actress, daughter of Carrie Fisher and granddaughter of Debbie Reynolds. She is known for her role as Sadie "Chanel #3" Swenson in Scream Queens.
Billie Lourd was born July 17, 1992, in Los Angeles, California, the only child of actress Carrie Fisher and talent agent Bryan Lourd. Lourd is also the only grandchild of actress Debbie Reynolds and singer Eddie Fisher, and the niece of Todd Fisher, Joely Fisher, and Tricia Leigh Fisher, all of whom have worked in show business. She has a sister, Ava, from her father's marriage to Bruce Bozzi, whom her father legally adopted. From her mother's side, she is of Russian-Jewish and Scots-Irish/English descent. Her godmother is actress Meryl Streep. Writer Bruce Wagner is Lourd's godfather. Eddie Fisher stated in his autobiography (Been There Done That) that his granddaughter's name is Catherine Fisher Lourd and her nickname is "Billy".
In 2008 Lourd was a debutante at Le Bal des débutantes at the Hôtel de Crillon in Paris. She was dressed by Chanel for the occasion.
Lourd attended high school at Harvard-Westlake School in Los Angeles. She graduated with a self-designed degree in "Art and Business as Religion" from New York University Gallatin School of Individualized Study, in 2014. Lourd is engaged to actor Austen Rydell, with whom she has one child named Kingston Fisher Lourd Rydell, born in September 2020.
Work on American Horror Story
She joined American Horror Story for its seventh installment, subtitled Cult, as main character Winter Anderson. She returned for the eighth installment, subtitled Apocalypse, as Mallory, and the ninth season, 1984, as Montana Duke. In February, Ryan Murphy confirmed her return for Season 10.
- The seventh season of American Horror Story is the second time that Lourd has appeared in a Ryan Murphy series and the third time she will star alongside Emma Roberts.
- She is one of the six members of the AHS Repertory Company to be credited in the main cast in every season she appeared in.
- She is one of the seven actors to work on both American Horror Story and Scream Queens. The others are Cathy Marks, Colton Haynes, Dalton E. Gray, Emma Roberts, Riley Schmidt, and Skyler Samuels.
- In both Scream Queens and American Horror Story, Billie Lourd wears accessories or a hairstyle that pay homage to her mother, Carrie Fisher, primarily buns or braids meant to be reminiscent of the hairstyles worn by Fisher as Princess Leia.
- Election Night - Winter Anderson
- Don't Be Afraid of the Dark - Winter Anderson
- Neighbors From Hell - Winter Anderson
- 11-9 - Winter Anderson
- Holes - Winter Anderson
- Mid-Western Assassin - Winter Anderson
- Valerie Solanas Died For Your Sins: Scumbag - Winter Anderson
- Winter of Our Discontent - Winter Anderson
- Drink the Kool-Aid - Winter Anderson
- Charles (Manson) in Charge - Winter Anderson / Linda Kasabian
- The End - Mallory
- The Morning After - Mallory
- Forbidden Fruit - Mallory
- Could It Be... Satan? - Mallory
- Boy Wonder - Mallory
- Traitor - Mallory
- Fire and Reign - Mallory
- Apocalypse Then - Mallory
- Camp Redwood - Montana Duke
- Mr. Jingles - Montana Duke
- Slashdance - Montana Duke
- True Killers - Montana Duke
- Red Dawn - Montana Duke
- Episode 100 - Montana Duke
- The Lady in White - Montana Duke
- Rest in Pieces - Montana Duke
- Final Girl - Montana Duke