|American Horror Story:|
Murder House is the fan-given, retroactively assigned subtitle for the first season of American Horror Story or AHS. It ran from October 5, 2011 until December 21, 2011. First broadcasts of episodes were on FX in the United States.
The season was nominated for the Golden Globe Award for Best Television Series – Drama, winning the Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress – Series, Miniseries, or Television Film for Jessica Lange. In addition, Murder House was also nominated for seventeen Emmy Awards, winning two.
The Harmons face many conflicts going on in their new home; the primary one stemming from Ben Harmon's (Dylan McDermott) adultery, and the subsequent fallout with his wife Vivien (Connie Britton) and daughter Violet (Taissa Farmiga). Other conflicts include the intrusive behavior of the neighbors, Constance (Jessica Lange) and Adelaide (Jamie Brewer), as well as intrusions from one of Dr. Harmon's patients, Tate (Evan Peters). A parade of mysterious visitors to their haunted home, including the scarred Larry Harvey (Denis O'Hare), make the first year of the Harmons in Los Angeles very dangerous. The house seems to have a vivid history, ranging from brutal murders to demonic manifestations, and it seems to have its own agenda.
|Pilot||1||2011-10-05||Ryan Murphy ; Brad Falchuk||Ryan Murphy|
|Home Invasion||2||2011-10-12||Ryan Murphy ; Brad Falchuk||Alfonso Gomez-Rejon|
|Murder House (episode)||3||2011-10-19||Jennifer Salt||Bradley Buecker|
|Halloween: Part 1||4||2011-10-26||James Wong||David Semel|
|Halloween: Part 2||5||2011-11-02||Tim Minear||David Semel|
|Piggy Piggy||6||2011-11-09||Jessica Sharzer||Michael Uppendahl|
|Open House||7||2011-11-16||Brad Falchuk||Tim Hunter|
|Rubber Man (episode)||8||2011-11-23||Ryan Murphy||Miguel Arteta|
|Spooky Little Girl||9||2011-11-30||Jennifer Salt||John Scott|
|Smoldering Children||10||2011-12-07||James Wong||Michael Lehmann|
|Birth||11||2011-12-14||Tim Minear||Alfonso Gomez-Rejon|
|Afterbirth||12||2011-12-21||Jessica Sharzer||Bradley Buecker|
12 episodes were broadcast on FX from October 5, 2011 - December 21, 2011.
- DVD release:
- Region One - September 25, 2012
- Region Two - October 15, 2012
- Region Four - October 24, 2012
- Blu-Ray Disc release:
- Region A - September 15, 2012
- Region B - October 15, 2012
The DVD and Blu-ray releases include special features, including deleted scenes and commentary.
DVD extras found on the fourth disc of the four-disc set of season 1 include:
- The Murder House Presented by Eternal Darkness Tours of Hollywood
- Behind the Fright: The Making of American Horror Story
- Overture to Horror: Creating the Title Sequence
- Out of the Shadows: Meet the House Ghosts
- Despite being fan assigned, the FX president and general manager John Landgraf uses the name Murder House.
- They are not "aired", because FX, a cable network, does not go over the airwaves. Digital streams or downloads are similarly "streamed", "distributed", or as a blanket term "broadcast".
All items (101)
- Moira O'Hara
- Murder House (episode)
- Murder House (location)