|This character article is a stub. You can help American Horror Story Wiki by expanding it.|
Despite his physique and commitment, Chet is an athlete who's disqualification from the Olympics prior to his drugs and drinking habits has left him petty with anger issues.
Personality and Appearance
Chet is egotistical of his muscular appearance, often boasting of his dedication and athletic background. He exceedingly abuses drugs and encourages his peers for a take. His rejection at the Olympics has devasted Chet, ultimately causing him to brew up rage issues and kicking off fights. Despite this, he appears vulnerable and charming around Brooke Thompson.
- Chet: "Ray's a choad. He left me to die. The cops are looking for him. He told me he killed someone in college."
- He is the first, and until now the only, character portrayed by Gus Kenworthy in American Horror Story.
- The official description reads, "Brooke's midriff-baring boyfriend Chet Clancy." However, Chet and Brooke do not share a relationship beyond friendship and a possible mutual attraction in the show, thus never taking on a romantic relationship as initially indicated.
- It is implied by Margaret in the fifth episode that Chet is actually gay. He is revealed to be bisexual in the season finale after Bertie mentions that she knows he "swings both ways", and Chet replies that he is "an equal opportunity ghost". This could be a nod to the actor who portrays Chet, Olympic skiier Gus Kenworthy, who although not bisexual, is gay in real life.
- Although Bertie claims that Chet slept with the ghosts of everyone in the camp after his own death and entrapment there, it is unknown with whom Chet specifically had sexual relations with, leaving what characteristics he finds to be sexually attractive in men and women ambiguous. It is unknown if Chet has a "type", such as those of similar athletic prowess as himself (as in the case of Brooke Thompson), or if he will have sex with anyone.
- Chet and Trevor are the only main characters not to have a backstory shown through flashbacks.