With the horrors of the night behind them the survivors deal with the fallout of their choices.
A family struggles to gain some sleep in their motel room due to blaring music coming from one of the motel residents. The mother decides to confront the noise and knocks on the door. Richard Ramirez opens the door and engages in a very short conversation with the mother. He invites her inside but she ultimately refuses. Ramirez suddenly grabs her, trying to pull her into the room. However, Richter intervenes insisting that he release her. Ramirez does so and the two begin to argue. Richter admits he can't stand Ramirez killing anymore and he wants to move past it. Ramirez tells Richter that breaking his deal with Satan will result in dire consequences.
Richter continues to accompany Ramirez during his killing sprees. One day in the morning, Ramirez goes into a store to buy a beverage while Richter waits for him. A newspaper catches Richter's eye featuring a picture of Ramirez. Richter decides to purchase the newspaper and gives it to an elderly woman. When Ramirez comes out, the woman begins to scream that alarms everyone. The residents chase down Ramirez and beat him.
A photographer, Dustin, visits Camp Redwood with his girlfriend. He spots Montana sunbathing on the dock. He apologizes for disturbing her and Montana soon begins to seduce him. Dustin tries to avoid her advances but ultimately gives in. Montana stabs him multiple times. Helen, Midge and Eddie are disgusted with Montana and they fail to understand why she enjoys killing so much. Xavier comes by and praises her. The two share a kiss.
Margaret Booth has become a wealthy real-estate agent who purchases properties with dark histories, such as Briarcliff Manor. Margaret is now married to Trevor, who survived the attack. Trevor is miserable with his new wife and begins an argument with her. In a flashback, Margaret visits Trevor who awakens from a coma in the hospital. Trevor remembers that Margaret had tried to kill him and decided against calling the cops. Instead, he tries to blackmail her to gain her wealth. However, Margaret states that she will marry him so Trevor can't testify against her. In the present, Margaret's personal assistant, Courtney, walks in and relays information that Brooke has lost her last appeal. She is set to be executed.
In San Quentin State prison, Brooke is accompanied by guards on her way to a cell. Ramirez spots her and states he should have killed her that night, saving her the trouble. Brooke retaliates back as she continues to be escorted down the hallway.
Montana and Xavier rummage through Dustin's belongings on his campsite. Ray confronts Montana over her murder sprees after finding Dustin's body on the dock. Xavier defends Montana. He explains that doing good had brought him nothing and killing makes him feel good. Montana ends up finding a newspaper with Brooke's story on the cover page. Ray is in disbelief after reading that Brooke will be executed. Dustin's girlfriend calls out for her boyfriend as she walks towards the campsite. Ray runs up to her and tries to explain that he found her newspaper, telling her he's friends with Brooke. Dustin's girlfriend is confused and suddenly has her throat slashed by Xavier. Ray yells at him and states that he is done with their antics.
In her cell, Ramirez contacts Brooke. He appears to her in a manifested form and asks if she's willing to accept Satan, who would protect her from death. Brooke refuses and Ramirez disappears.
Margaret is hard at work and is frustrated to hear that a deal has fallen through. Courtney shows her a newspaper that has Camp Redwood on the front cover. The story contains details of a recent murder that has happened. Courtney is worried that they could be sued, but Margaret believes this is a great opportunity for them.
In Alaska, Richter has created a new identity for himself and goes by the name of Donald. He has a wife, Lorraine, and a newborn son, Bobby. Richter currently works at Videoshack and is up for a promotion.
Margaret holds a press conference at Camp Redwood in front of reporters. She explains that an event will be held that includes a music festival and many fun activities. Chet, who is filled with rage, watches from afar and is ready to attack Margaret. He is stopped by Montana and tells him that he will have his chance later.
Richter and his wife watch the news and Margaret's event at Camp Redwood is the top story. Lorraine apologizes and goes to turn off the TV. But Richter explains that he has moved past Camp Redwood.
Ramirez is visited by a young woman, whom he calls Red. Red shows him a flyer of the Camp Redwood event and Billy Idol is one of the lead acts. She tells Ramirez that she plans to go and tape record Idol's music for him. Ramirez is frustrated that he will be forgotten in the next decade, like many of the music artists currently, and wishes to be immortal.
After Brooke is finished with her last meal, she is taken to be executed. Ramirez taunts her from his cell, claiming it's her last chance to sell her soul to Satan. Brooke is brought into the execution room and is watched through a glass screen by Margaret and Trevor. Brooke's last words are that she is innocent and tells Margaret that she will burn. Brooke is then strapped onto a contraption while a hooded person, donned in all black from head to toe, administers the lethal injection. Brooke passes away shortly after, leaving Margaret unsatisfied over the execution choice. During this time, Ramirez summons Satan, who possesses a guard in the bathroom. The possessed guard releases Ramirez from his cell.
Richter returns home from work and calls out for Lorraine. Concerned over her lack of response, he runs to their bedroom. Richter is devastated to find his wife has been murdered after being stabbed multiple times. He finds his son, Bobby, crying in his car seat. A note on top of Bobby explains that Satan will have his vengeance. Richter takes Bobby to Lorraine's sister, Lizzie, who is confused. Richter tells her that Lorraine is dead and leaves Bobby under her care.
Brooke is wheeled into the room by the executioner, who then administers adrenaline and Brooke returns back to life. The hooded person removes their mask, revealing to be Donna.
LorraineLorraine is a guest starring character in American Horror Story portrayed by Tanya Clarke. She was a former prostitute that moved to Alaska to start a new life. Lorraine marries Benjamin, now by the name of Donald. Lorraine enjoys her life with Benjamin and one night she is watching the news with him and Camp Redwood comes on the screen. Lorraine goes to change the channel but Benjamin insists he watch it. Benjamin comes home from work one day and he finds out that Rameriez killed Lorraine.
- Lorraine is the second character portrayed by Tanya Clarke. For a complete list of her characters, see Cast.
LizzieLizzie is a guest starring character in American Horror Story portrayed by Gail Rastorfer. Lizzie is Lorraine's sister and after Lorraine dies, Benjamin takes Bobby to Lizzie's house so he can go and kill Rameriez. Later on sometime, mentioned by Bobby, Lorraine dies.
- Doreen Lioy is a fictional portrayal of the "prison groupie" and later wife of Richard Ramirez.
DustinDustin is a guest starring character in American Horror Story portrayed by Eric Staves. Dustin was a photographer and birdwatcher. Montana seduces him and he agrees even though he has a girlfriend. They almost make out but Montana kills him right before leaving his dead body on the dock.
- Xavier: "Stop raining on our blood parade!"
- Margaret: "I will make that fat fuck's crimes look like a Boy Scout jamboree!"
- Margaret: "Old habits die hard, and the darkness still whispers, so don't you fuck with me!"
- Brooke: "I gutted that bitch from the inside out, and now she's in hell licking Satan's balls!"
- Xavier: "Being good got me nowhere, but being bad feels really good."
- Margaret: "They really should bring back the guillotine. I would've paid good money to see her head roll."
- Richter: "You shouldn't watch horror movies. There's too much violence in this society."
- Donna: "Welcome back to the land of the living."
Cast and characters
- Emma Roberts as Brooke Thompson
- Billie Lourd as Montana Duke
- Leslie Grossman as Margaret Booth
- Cody Fern as Xavier Plympton
- Matthew Morrison as Trevor Kirchner
- Angelica Ross as Donna Chambers
- John Carroll Lynch as Benjamin Richter
- Zach Villa as Richard Ramirez
- Gus Kenworthy as Chet Clancy
- DeRon Horton as Ray Powell
- This is the 100th episode of American Horror Story overall.
- Briarcliff Manor is mentioned and appears in a picture in this episode, thus connecting 1984 with Asylum.
- Rick Springfield, who portrayed Pastor Charles in Cult, is listed as one of the attractions in the Camp Redwood Food & Music Fest flyer.
- John Wayne Gacy was a guest of Mr. March's soirée in Hotel.
- Ed Gein inspired Bloody Face from Asylum.
- The Manson Family featured in "Charles (Manson) in Charge".
- This episode marks the return of Leslie Jordan to American Horror Story since his role as Ashley Gilbert in the sixth season, Roanoke.
- This episode also marks the return of Tanya Clarke to American Horror Story since her role as Marla McClaine in the first season, Murder House. This marks the longest stint of a cast member of American Horror Story, trumping Connie Britton's return in Apocalypse in "Return to Murder House".
- Actor Tom Virtue, who portrayed the priest in this episode, also previously featured in Asylum as a reporter and in Hotel as a teacher.
- In the preview of this episode, characters from prevenient seasons appear, these include: Tate Langdon, Vivien Harmon, Troy and Bryan, Lana Winters, Fiona Goode, Marie Laveau, Delphine LaLaurie, Maggie Esmerelda, Dandy Mott, Twisty, John Lowe, Gabriel, Liz Taylor, Audrey Tindall (playing Shelby Miller), Dominic Banks (playing Matt Miller), Agnes Mary Winstead (playing The Butcher), Monet Tumusiime (playing Lee Harris), Beverly Hope, Kai Anderson, Ally Mayfair-Richards, Michael Langdon, Cordelia Goode, Myrtle Snow and Madison Montgomery.
- Margaret turned John Wayne Gacy's ranch house, Winchester Mystery House, and Spahn ranch (the Manson Family's compound) into true crime attractions.
- Pogo the Clown - Margaret wanted a man dressed as Gacy's alterego scooping ice cream at the opening event.
- Robin Leach - hosted an episode on Margaret Booth on Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous.
- San Quentin State Prison - Brooke Thompson and Richard Ramirez are held prisoner there.
- Lizzie Borden House - Margaret turned this serial killer's house into a haunted B&B.
- Ed Gein's farm - Margaret tried to turn it into a morbid tourist attraction but met opposition from the citizens.
- Billy Idol - Richard Ramirez is a big fan.
- Richter, aka Donald changed the VHS of Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street and Faces of Death with more age-appropriate films Terms of Endearment, Mystic Pizza and Tootsie.
- As punishment, he had to stock hundred copies of Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
- Is there an enemy Margaret hasn't made?
- What will be the consequences of breaking the pact with Satan?
- Will the counselors get their revenge on Margaret?
- Will Benjamin Richter end the nightmare?
- Are Brooke and Donna the new power duo?
- ↑ AMERICAN HORROR STORY on FX (#906) "Episode 100". TheFutonCritic.com (September 25, 2019).
- ↑ In The Lady in White she makes no appearance, but is mentioned by Benjamin Richter.
- ↑ In Rest in Pieces she appears in a picture.
- ↑ In Final Girl she makes no appearance, but is mentioned by Bobby Richter II.