Evan Peters (born January 20, 1987) is an American actor and frequent member of the American Horror Story ensemble.
Evan Peters was born on January 20, 1987, to Phil Peters, the Vice President of the Charles Stewart Mott Foundation, & Julie Peters.
When Evan was 15, he moved to L.A. with his mother to pursue his acting career.
After filming Adult World with Emma Roberts in 2012, the two began an on-again, off-again relationship. In 2014, Roberts & Peters were engaged. In June of 2015, the two announced their first breakup & the end of the engagement. Later that year, the two reunited. In May of 2016, the two split for the second time. That September, the two got back together yet again. Finally, in March of 2019, the two split for the third time. Accounts of the breakup vary, some saying it was the end of a very toxic relationship, & others saying that the two are still on very good terms.
In 2004, Peters portrayed Russel in Sleepover'. In 2008, he starred as Ross in 'Remarkable Power' 'and Max Cooperman in 'Never Back Down. In 2010 he played Todd in the movie Kick-Ass. In 2013,he started alongside Emma Roberts in Adult World as Alex.
Peters is mostly noted for playing Peter Maximoff/Quicksilver in X-Men: Days of Future Past and the new X-Men: Apocalypse. Across his career, Peters has guest-starred in many popular TV shows such as One Tree Hill as Jack Daniels, Criminal Minds as Charlie, The Office as Luke Cooper, and The Mentalist as Oliver McDaniel. Moreover, he can be considered a singer because he has recorded songs for Freak Show.
Work on American Horror Story
He has played Tate Langdon, the ghost of a troubled and murderous teenager in Murder House; Kit Walker, a man who is framed as a serial killer in Asylum; Kyle Spencer, a university student whose romantic involvement with a witch changes the course of his life in Coven. In the fourth season, Freak Show, he portrayed Jimmy Darling, a rebellious human oddity. He was James March, a serial killer who built a hotel with the sole purpose of hiding his victim's bodies in Hotel; Edward Philippe Mott, a homosexual ghost of great wealth and Rory Monahan, an actor on a hit television series in Roanoke.
Peters portrayed cult leader Kai Anderson in Cult, along with other historical cult leaders when telling stories to his disciples. He portrays Mr. Gallant, an eccentric homosexual hairdresser and Jeff Pfister, a nuclear scientist in the eighth season, Apocalypse; he also briefly reprised his roles as James March and Tate Langdon. In February, Ryan Murphy confirmed his return for Season 10.
- Along with Sarah Paulson and Lily Rabe, Peters is one of three cast members to feature in nine seasons of American Horror Story. His only absence was in 1984. In addition, Peters is the longest-serving main cast member of American Horror Story.
- Evan Peters is the cast member who portrays the largest amount of characters so far, with a total of 16 characters.
- Evan Peters is one of the twenty-four cast members that portrayed the same character in different seasons. He portrayed James March in Hotel and Apocalypse. He also portrayed Tate Langdon in Murder House and Apocalypse.
- Peters, Connie Britton and Dylan McDermott are the only three cast members to appear in all episodes of Murder House. Peters, Sarah Paulson and Jessica Lange are the only three cast members to appear in all episodes of Asylum. Peters and Lange are also the only two cast members to appear in all episodes of Freak Show, whilst Peters and Paulson are the only two cast members to appear in all episodes of Cult.
- Evan Peters dated Alexandra Breckenridge, who portrayed young Moira O'Hara in Murder House and Kaylee in Coven.
- Rumored ex-girlfriend Pixie Geldof is the lead singer of a band called Violet.
- Peter's ex-girlfriend, Halsey was a fan of him & the show for years before the two got together.
- According to Peters, he got into acting because he wanted to meet the Olsen twins.
- Coincidentally, Charles Manson died five days after Cultʼs season finale, when Peters portrayed him for the last time.
- In both season one and season three, Evan Peters' character dies as well as his lover (Tate and Violet in season one, and Kyle and Zoe in season three) Kyle, however, was later resurrected by Zoe and Madison, and Zoe was resurrected by Cordelia Foxx.
- In season one and season five, Evan Peters' character is a ghost. In season six, Evan Peters portrays an actor that portrays a ghost.
- Jimmy Darling is the only character thus far played by Evan Peters that has survived the entire season without dying at some point. See the respective characters for further details on their deaths.
- Over the eight seasons, he portrayed four LGBT+ characters; the reenacted Edward Philippe Mott (Roanoke), Kai Anderson (Cult), Gallant and Jeff (Apocalypse).
- Evan Peters on the Nerdist podcast with host Chris Hardwick said that he wanted to direct and to do more comedy.
- As of 2018, Peters has recieved three major nominations for his work on American Horror Story.
- In 2012 he was nominated for the Satellite Awards in the category of "Best Supporting Actor – Series, Miniseries or Television Film" for the role of Kit Walker in Asylum.
- In 2016 he was nominated for the Fangoria Chainsaw Awards in the category of "Best Supporting Actor on Television" for the role of James March in Hotel.
- In 2017, he was nominated for the Critics Choice Awards in the category of "Best Actor in a TV Movie/Limited Series" for the role of Kai Anderson in Cult.
- FX Networks - American Horror Story: All Evan Peters Characters, Ranked by Evilness.
- Murder House - Tate Langdon
- Halloween: Part 1 - Tate Langdon
- Halloween: Part 2 - Tate Langdon
- Piggy Piggy - Tate Langdon
- Open House - Tate Langdon
- Rubber Man - Tate Langdon
- Spooky Little Girl - Tate Langdon
- Smoldering Children - Tate Langdon
- Birth - Tate Langdon
- Afterbirth - Tate Langdon
- Welcome to Briarcliff - Kit Walker
- Tricks and Treats - Kit Walker
- Nor'easter - Kit Walker
- I Am Anne Frank: Part 1 - Kit Walker
- I Am Anne Frank: Part 2 - Kit Walker
- The Origins of Monstrosity - Kit Walker
- Dark Cousin - Kit Walker
- Unholy Night - Kit Walker
- The Coat Hanger - Kit Walker
- The Name Game - Kit Walker
- Spilt Milk - Kit Walker
- Continuum - Kit Walker
- Madness Ends - Kit Walker
- The Replacements - Kyle Spencer
- Fearful Pranks Ensue - Kyle Spencer
- The Axeman Cometh - Kyle Spencer
- The Dead - Kyle Spencer
- The Sacred Taking - Kyle Spencer
- Head - Kyle Spencer
- Protect the Coven - Kyle Spencer
- Go to Hell - Kyle Spencer
- The Seven Wonders - Kyle Spencer
- Monsters Among Us - Jimmy Darling
- Massacres and Matinees - Jimmy Darling
- Edward Mordrake: Part 1 - Jimmy Darling
- Edward Mordrake: Part 2 - Jimmy Darling
- Pink Cupcakes - Jimmy Darling
- Bullseye - Jimmy Darling
- Test of Strength - Jimmy Darling
- Blood Bath - Jimmy Darling
- Tupperware Party Massacre - Jimmy Darling
- Orphans - Jimmy Darling
- Magical Thinking - Jimmy Darling
- Show Stoppers - Jimmy Darling
- Curtain Call - Jimmy Darling
- Checking In - James March
- Chutes and Ladders - James March
- Mommy - James March
- Devil's Night - James March
- Room 33 - James March
- Flicker - James March
- The Ten Commandments Killer - James March
- She Wants Revenge - James March
- She Gets Revenge - James March
- Battle Royale - James March
- Be Our Guest - James March
- Chapter 5 - Rory Monahan
- Chapter 6 - Rory Monahan
- Chapter 7 - Rory Monahan
- Chapter 10 - Rory Monahan
- Election Night - Kai Anderson
- Don't Be Afraid of the Dark - Kai Anderson
- Neighbors From Hell - Kai Anderson
- 11-9 - Kai Anderson
- Holes - Kai Anderson
- Mid-Western Assassin - Kai Anderson
- Valerie Solanas Died For Your Sins: Scumbag - Andy Warhol / Kai Anderson
- Winter of Our Discontent - Kai Anderson
- Drink the Kool-Aid - Kai Anderson / Marshall Applewhite / David Koresh / Jim Jones / Jesus Christ
- Charles (Manson) in Charge - Kai Anderson / Charles Manson
- Great Again - Kai Anderson / Charles Manson
- The End - Mr. Gallant
- The Morning After - Mr. Gallant
- Forbidden Fruit - Mr. Gallant
- Could It Be... Satan? - James March
- Return to Murder House - Tate Langdon
- Sojourn - Jeff Pfister
- Fire and Reign - Jeff Pfister
- Apocalypse Then - Jeff Pfister / Mr. Gallant