Dr. Hopple worked at Red Meadows Asylum for at least fourteen years, studying among other cases of inmates that of Benjamin Richter, aka Mr. Jingles. In the summer of 1984, she received a visit from Donna Chambers, a PhD student who requested to be able to interview Richter for her research.
Personality and Appearance
Karen is a woman between her 40s or early 50s. She is nice outside of the asylum, but inside the asylum, she is rude and ruthless to Benjamin. She wears a bottom down shirt and skirt with brown, fluffy hair.
On the night of July 1st, 1984, Dr. Hopple is called to the Red Meadows Asylum where one of the administrators, Art, informs her that Benjamin Richter has escaped from the asylum. In his cell, Dr. Hopple finds a newspaper clipping with an article about the reopening of Camp Redwood.
Dr. Hopple drives up to Camp Redwood to warn the new owner, Margaret Booth, of the potential threat of having Richter on the loose; especially due to the fact that Margaret is the only survivor of the massacre in the 70s that led to the arrest of Mr. Jingles. However, Margaret has no intention of letting fear guide her life and dismisses the psychologist's concerns.
The doctor is later killed by Richter himself, who stabs her in the neck as she was leaving the camp.
- To Benjamin: "I think it's a flat, can you fix it?"
- To Benjamin: "That looks nasty."
- To Benjamin: "I guess it's my lucky day, what are the odds of me meeting you out here?"
- To Benjamin: "Benjamin."
- To Margaret: "A psychopath who has committed murder is on the loose."
- To Margaret: "He has an obsession with you."
- To Donna Chambers: "Now, I know, in our profession, we like to think there's always method behind madness, a linear path from innocence, wounding, to violence and sociopathy. But all I've been shown by Banjamin Richter is that some people are just evil."
- In "Camp Redwood", Dr. Hopple is dressed like Laurie Strode from the 1978 slasher film Halloween. The character was played by Jamie Lee Curtis, star of the TV series Scream Queens created by Ryan Murphy.
- Because Dr. Hopple died within the supernatural demesne of the Camp Redwood, she possibly became a ghost.