Mallory comes from a long line of witches whose bloodline stretches all the way to Salem. Her parents caught her floating in her sleep and believed she was a Devil worshipper. After the Supreme Cordelia Goode revealed witches to the world, Mallory was identified and enrolled at Robichaux's Academy. Zoe, one of her teachers, saw potential in Mallory's powers, as Mallory flawlessly turned a flower's petals to blue and then turned the petals themselves into butterflies, impressing her Supreme. Mallory is very empathetic and connected to all of the people around her, and seeing her sister witches fall down has been emotionally intense for her.
Sometime before the Apocalypse, for her protection, she was placed under an Identity Spell and took on the new role of personal assistant to Coco. She had no great love for her job and could feel the true person she was clawing underneath the surface.
Personality and Appearance
Before the apocalypse, under an identity spell, Mallory is a stylish individual who seems eager to help Coco establish herself as a social media influencer. As her true self, a bright, kind and promising witch, Mallory often wears natural, comfortable clothes as well as golden hair pieces with flower and vine motives, often giving her a fairy-like appearance.
Following the apocalypse, Mallory is made to wear a dull, grey outfit and have her hair styled in a tall bun due to her position as a servant at Outpost 3. She is eager to be upgraded to purple status and feels left out due to the people she came with all being made purples.
Mallory is first seen at the hair salon where her boss, Coco is getting her hair done by hairdresser Gallant. Everyone's phones suddenly receive an emergency alert that a ballistic missile is set to impact Los Angeles and to seek shelter. Coco first dismisses it as a hoax, but her father calls her to tell her the threat is real and to get to Santa Monica airport where a private jet is waiting. Mallory and Coco run out of the salon and get into a car that is waiting for them.
On their way to the airport, Mallory tells Coco that she needs to go home as she can't get a hold of her mom, but Coco begs her to stay, telling her she would be lost without her and offers her brother's ticket, to which Mallory agrees. As they arrive at the airport, Gallant and his grandmother Evie show up. Mr. Gallant tells Coco that he heard her father say there were four spaces and that he and Evie are here to take the remaining two.
Onboard, Mallory goes to the cockpit to ask the pilots where they are going but finds that the plane is unmanned. Suddenly, the missile hits Los Angeles and the plane begins to rock violently, but it restores itself quickly. Coco, Mallory and Mr. Gallant look out of the window to see a mushroom cloud rising where Los Angeles has been destroyed.
A few weeks later at Outpost 3, Mallory has been put into servitude as a gray, waiting on the purples. Whilst serving mineral water, she asks Coco is she has spoken to Wilhemina Venable about making her a purple, but Coco tells her that she scares her and that Mallory doesn't have a good reason to be a purple like Evie and Gallant do.
When the song on the jukebox changes, Gallant believes this is a sign that The Cooperative is coming to rescue them. Mallory gets excited and drinks the mineral water she is serving to celebrate. However, eighteen months later the group still have not been rescued. When Gallant and Coco protest at dinner saying that they are fed up with waiting around to die, Mallory states that she thinks they should take their chances outside. However, Ms. Mead says that no one is going to leave.
Mallory is interviewed by Michael Langdon to see if she's fit to go to the Sanctuary. Michael mistakes her current identity and her feelings of confusion for her potential for darkness and pushes her to reveal her true nature. Mallory reacts poorly and her magic surfaces unexpectedly. Shocked, she leaves and confesses her fears to Coco and Mr. Gallant, who ridicule her. During the masquerade party, she eats a poisoned apple and dies, only for Cordelia, Myrtle, and Madison to arrive at Outpost Three and resurrect her, along with Coco and Dinah, revealing them to also be "sister witches". Madison greets her with her catchphrase, as the return to the mortal coil has broken the spell to keep her safe and takes off her glasses, able to see without them.
In a flashback before the apocalypse when Zoe is teaching the new witches at the Coven, Mallory is seen sitting down observing the spell her mentor cast to change the color of the rose. Cordelia then enters, Zoe tells her to watch her excitedly as Mallory changes the petal color to blue it then falls apart and Cordelia begins to doubt her, leaving Zoe shocked. However, she quickly changes the fallen petals to butterflies, amazing everyone in the room including the supreme herself. The butterflies then transform back to petals which revert back to their original color.
When Cordelia agreed to allow Michael to take the test of the Seven Wonders, Myrtle is infuriated and wants her to change her mind as she thinks there is a more promising candidate who is a fellow witch: Mallory. Myrtle then explains why she thinks so, when she and some girls were in the garden collecting herbs and a deer was found dead, Mallory not only brought it back to life but completely reversed its injuries without the use of healing mud. Myrtle says it was the most powerful magic she had ever seen. A little later, Mallory informs Cordelia that her resurrected witches are settled and her appointment is here. After hearing Coco's story, Cordelia tells Mallory to show her around. Mallory welcomes her kindly and then walks away with her.
Mallory was later seen assisting Coco discovering the limits of her newfound powers. She is the one designated in checking if Coco gets the correct amount of calories in every piece of food at the table. Later on, due to excitement and fun, Coco mistakenly ate a sno ball and it got stuck on her throat. She died and then Mallory magically sliced a part of her neck to get the food out, and undid the wound, bringing Coco back to life. Zoe is shocked because she's never seen this kind of magic before.
Cordelia is walking down the stairs when she almost collapses. Zoe helps her to her room and Cordelia tells her that she can't fight Michael, not in this condition. Zoe says that maybe she doesn't have to, maybe someone here will be able to help instead. Zoe tells her that she doesn't think she's fading because Michael is the next Supreme, but because it is Mallory.
Later, Mallory performed the Seven Wonders to prove herself the new Supreme of the coven. Her final test was resurrecting John Henry Moore. Even though only a handful of John's ashes were recovered, Mallory was still able to restore him back to his body with no wounds at all.
Mallory is trying to resurrect a dead bird but fails to do so, she questions herself and Myrtle tells her she is trying too hard and is exhausting herself. Michael enters and kills most of her fellow sister witches downstairs; she is eager to stop him but Cordelia forbids her as it will result in her death. Her, Cordelia, Myrtle, Madison, and Coco are the few surviving members of the coven and are seeking shelter in Misty's shack. Myrtle reveals a time reversing spell which she believes to be a myth but also believes that Mallory can perform it since she reversed the wounds on the deer and brought it back to its youth.
Myrtle tells her the story of a Russian witch's unfortunate fate and tells her to go bring her back to present day as a test to see if it will work. She is then assisted by Cordelia and Myrtle to perform the spell. Once the water in the bathtub turns black she is submerged underwater traveling back to 1918 Siberia where she attempts to help the witch known as Anastasia by holding her hands and saying the protection spell. However, Mallory fails and almost dies. She then awakes from the spell with blood pouring from her eyes and nose, screaming that she has to go back as Cordelia calms her down.
Years later, Cordelia, Myrtle, and Madison arrive at the Outpost 3 after feeling Mallory's power surge caused during her fiery encounter with Michael. They remove the identity spells and try to help Mallory remember her true self. Michael is seen standing in the staircase with Ms. Mead. When Michael offers them the freedom to live in exchange of subjecting to his will and power, the witches, except for Dinah reject it. Following the appearance of the newly resurrected Marie Laveau and her murder of the traitor Dinah, Mead begins to rearm herself to kill the witches, only to be exploded into bits by Cordelia's spell. The girls and the others try to take Mallory back into safety, with Madison shooting Michael. Marie later stays to hold off Michael after he awakens. While ahead of the other witches, Mallory was stabbed by Brock, who says that he should've been on that plane and not her. Myrtle, enraged, uses a fire spell against Brock, burning his body down to death. Cordelia later proceeds to use Vitalum Vitalis on Mallory, but it doesn't work as she is getting weaker.
After Michael passed Marie and Coco, he was held off by Cordelia, confronting him about how scared and weak he really is, further adding that he will never find satisfaction from Cordelia's death. Cordelia telekinetically grabs Coco's knife from Michael, and stabs herself, performing a raw version of the Sacred Taking, which allows Mallory to hastily ascend to Supremacy. Mallory awakens with her boost of power, performing Tempus Infinituum to go back in time to 2015, when Michael is still defenseless and naive. She kills Michael by repeatedly running over him with a vehicle. This resulted in the prevention of the global apocalypse, restoring order and life to the world, and it was set as nothing had happened.
In the new, restored timeline, Mallory was seen trying to heal a creature and spotted by Cordelia. Cordelia proceeded in the interview to ask how Mallory found the Academy. Mallory shares that her parents caught her floating in her sleep and thought that she was worshipping the Devil. Following the incident, Mallory ran from home and applied as a student at Ms. Robichaux's Academy. Cordelia welcomes Mallory and gives her a tour around the Academy. They see Zoe, well and alive, teaching the new generations of witches. Cordelia later shows Mallory a portrait of Myrtle Snow, who is still dead because Cordelia received no vision of the Armageddon and found no reason to resurrect her beloved advisor. Cordelia further comments that if Myrtle was alive, Mallory would've liked her, and the latter agrees. After that, Cordelia brings Mallory to Queenie's class. Cordelia and Queenie talk about the latter's trip to the west coast and how Queenie has found a cheap, "cute" hotel. Mallory quickly persuades Queenie to change her mind about the trip, surprising Queenie. She asks for her name to which Mallory initiates the introduction with a warm smile and handshake. Queenie, persuaded by Mallory's made-up reasons, decides to settle for Venice instead. Therefore, Mallory saves Queenie from the tragic possibility that awaits her at the Hotel Cortez. When Cordelia and Mallory proceed towards the end of the hall, the lights flicker and Cordelia quickly holds her arm out in front of Mallory to brace for whatever's coming. The door opens, revealing Nan and Misty Day. Nan states that Misty is free from Hell and given a chance to live again. Mallory explains that because of her victory of killing Satan's spawn, she received 'street creds' from the Demons of the underworld, giving her the ability to retrieve loved ones from Hell, back to the mortal coil. She states that she will do the same with Madison, but Madison has to "sweat it out" a little longer. She then wonders how her meddling with the past may affect the future.
Mallory is an extremely powerful natural born witch with a bloodline dating back directly to Salem. She has mastered all seven of the Seven Wonders, in addition to other rare magical abilities, and is destined to surpass Cordelia as the next Supreme. Her raw power is so strong that the Anti-Christ showed fear of her and had to call on his father for help. She is possibly the most powerful witch in the American Horror Story universe, next to Scathach.
- Telekinesis - One of the Seven Wonders, the magical ability to move things with only the power of the mind. When being interviewed by Michael Langdon she experienced a moment of fright and anger when he seized her arm and pushed him across the room with her mind.
- Levitation - The magical ability to propel oneself or objects into the air. Mallory mentioned that she was caught by her parents floating in sleep.
- Telekinetic Incision - Mallory's telekinesis is so advanced, that when Coco faces death because she was choked on a piece of eighty calorie cake, Mallory uses telekinesis to cut open Coco's throat without causing any hemorrhage, to remove the piece of snowball (cookie) out of her throat and closing the cut without leaving any scars.
- Pyrokinesis - One of the Seven Wonders, magical ability to create, control and manipulate fire with the power of the mind. After pushing Michael Langdon to the ground with Telekinesis he altered his visage in anger, revealing a pale white face with black eyes frightening Mallory and causing her to ignite the fireplace with her mind, creating a large fireball that momentarily filled the room.
- Vitalum Vitalis - One of the Seven Wonders, the magical ability to balance the scales between life and death.
- Descensum - One of the Seven Wonders, the magical ability to descend into the netherworlds of the afterlife.
- Concilium - One of the Seven Wonders, the magical ability to bend the will of another individual and force them to do whatever the user desires. This power is commonly known as Mind Control.
- Divination - One of the Seven Wonders, the magical ability to gain knowledge through indirect means.
- Transmutation - One of the Seven Wonders, the magical ability to instantaneously move from one place to another. This power is more commonly known as Teleportation.
- Tempus Infinituum - A rare gift, the magical ability to change past events and alter history.
- Injury Reversal - A unique gift, the magical ability to reverse injuries, even those which have resulted in death. This is similar to, but not the same as, the power of Resurgence, which is the ability to raise the dead by returning the soul to the body, whilst Mallory's gift reverses the physical cause of death.
- Age Reversal - Mallory not only brought a deer back to life and undid the damage done to it, but also turned it back into a fawn.
- Death Reversal - Mallory manifested this power when bringing John Henry Moore back to life after he was burned to ashes. She recreated his body from nothing but his ashes, seemingly reversing his death by lighting a fire which he emerged from.
- Spellcraft - Mallory has proved to be very skilled at casting spells and performing rituals.
- Rose Color Change Enchantment - The magical ability to change the color of a rose. During a lesson held by Zoe about this spell, she and her classmates changed the color of their respective white roses by simply mentally concentrating. In her case, Mallory's rose became blue. It is unsure if this is a spell or a magical ability, as Zoe and Mallory never uttered an incantation.
- Transformation Enchantment - Immediately after having magically colored her white rose into blue, she dropped the petals which then took on the form of beautiful blue butterflies that flew in the direction of her hand. It is unsure if this is a spell or a magical ability, as Mallory never uttered an incantation.
- Anastasia's Protection Spell - When she traveled to the past to try to save Anastasia Romanov and her family, Mallory joined the Russian witch in her protective spell that raised a purple mist that served as a shield to the soldiers' shots.
- To Coco St. Pierre Vanderbilt: "It's not fair that they get to be Purples and not me."
- To Michael Langdon about Coco: "She's spoiled, and she's entitled, but she's also helpless. She needs me."
- Mallory: "I don't want to rise if it means Miss Cordelia has to fall."
- Mallory: "It's strange, knowing you have the power to alter someone else's fate."
- Mallory: "The battle between good and evil never ends. The Devil isn't just going to give up. And in changing the past, a part of me will always wonder what it truly means for the future."
- Mallory: "Nothing ever truly dies. We are all made of energy, and energy can neither be created nor destroyed. It can only be transferred from one form to another. The trick is to be able to go back and pick the right moment in time and let it play out from there."
- Mallory is the third character portrayed by Billie Lourd. For a complete list of her characters, see Cast.
- She's one of the first characters of Apocalypse to have been confirmed.
- Mallory's grandmother is the one who told her she was a Salem descendant and can be presumed to be a witch. Interestingly, Billie Lourd's grandmother Debbie Reynolds played witch Aggie Cromwell in the Halloweentown movies.
- Mallory's Vitalum Vitalis during the Test of the Seven Wonders was not in fact Vitalum Vitalis, the ability of a witch to blow their breath into a dead person to revive them. Mallory used Death Reversal by Tempus Infinituum instead. However, she still passed and became the next Supreme.
- Later in the new timeline, she appears to be able to blow her breath into a dead butterfly and revive it while waiting for Cordelia in her office.
- As a way to explain why Mallory is much more powerful than previous Supremes, fans have theorized that she could instead unknowingly be either an angel or Nephilim sent to Earth by God, whose specific purpose of helping the Salem witches was to defeat the Anti-Christ and prevent the Apocalypse.
- Mallory's use of Tempus Infinituum not only saved the lives of her sister witches and billions of people from Michael Langdon, but also several established characters (including ones from other seasons) that died in the original timeline from 2015 onward: Miriam Mead, The Fist, Wilhemina Venable, Ariel Augustus, Baldwin Pennypacker, John Henry Moore, Queenie, Zoe Benson, Cordelia Goode, Timothy Campbell, Emily, Dinah Stevens, Andre Stevens, Stu, Billie Dean Howard, Constance Langdon, Gallant, Evie Gallant, Brock, Coco St. Pierre Vanderbilt, Mutt Nutter, Jeff Pfister, and many others. This arguably places Mallory as the most heroic character in the AHS universe.
- See also: Mallory/Media
- Episode: The End
- Episode: Forbidden Fruit
- Episode: Could It Be... Satan?
- Episode: Boy Wonder
- Episode: Traitor
- Episode: Fire and Reign
- Webb Mitovich, Matt (2018-08-03). American Horror Story: Apocalypse Characters Include Billie Dean, a Bitchier Madison... and the Harmon?. TV Line. Com. Retrieved on 2018-08-03.