Naomi Grossman (born February 6, 1975) is an American actress.
Naomi wrote, produced, and starred in her second hit solo show, Carnival Knowledge: Love, Lust, and other Human Oddities, which enjoyed a twice-extended, sold-out run and rave reviews (“Recommended” by LA Weekly). It was then reprised at the world-famous fringe theatre festival in Edinburgh, Scotland, where it received more critical praise (4 stars: The Scotsman, Broadway Baby, Fringe Review) and a transfer to London’s West End (Leicester Square Theatre). It later went on to have a successful run Off-Off Broadway.
Naomi's first solo show, Girl in Argentine Landscape, also received critical acclaim (LA Weekly, “Pick of the Week”) and earned her an LA Weekly Theatre Award nomination for best solo performance. Naomi toured with Girl to Chicago's Single File Festival, the Los Angeles Women’s Theatre Festival, the New York International Fringe Festival, and screened a subtitled video-version on the big screen in Argentina.
A former member of the esteemed Groundlings Sunday Company, as well as alumni of Improv Olympic, Naomi has written, produced, and starred in numerous comedic shorts under her “Red Meat Entertainment” banner, which have screened at the LA Comedy Shorts Film Festival, the TriMedia Film Festival, the Connecticut Film Festival, the Dam Short Film Festival, the Faux Film Festival, the Los Angeles Comedy Festival, the Wet Your Pants Comedy Film Festival, the Action On Film International Festival, and the Hollywood Reel Independent Film Festival. Naomi also made a cameo in the feature film, Table for Three.
A graduate of theatre from Northwestern University, Naomi has acted in several of Chicago’s illustrious, long-running, cult comedies: Cannibal Cheerleaders on Crack and Shannen Doherty Shoots a Porno at the Torso Theatre, as well as Attack of the Killer B’s and White Trash Wedding and a Funeral at the Factory Theatre.
Work on American Horror Story
- Naomi Grossman shaved her head for the role and had to undergo three hours of makeup/prosthetics application each day to transform herself into Pepper.
- Naomi Grossman is one of the twenty-five cast members that portrayed the same character in different seasons. She portrayed Pepper in Asylum and Freak Show.
- Welcome to Briarcliff - Pepper
- Tricks and Treats - Pepper
- Nor'easter - Pepper
- The Coat Hanger - Pepper
- The Name Game - Pepper
- Spilt Milk - Pepper
- Continuum - Pepper
- Monsters Among Us - Pepper
- Massacres and Matinees - Pepper
- Edward Mordrake: Part 1 - Pepper
- Edward Mordrake: Part 2 - Pepper
- Pink Cupcakes - Pepper
- Bullseye - Pepper
- Test of Strength - Pepper
- Blood Bath - Pepper
- Tupperware Party Massacre - Pepper
- Orphans - Pepper