|“||You had me locked away in that asylum. I was tortured with electricity, shot up with drugs till I believed what you said I was.||”|
|— Benjamin Richter to Margaret Booth|
Red Meadows Asylum is a psychiatric facility for the criminally insane located in Red Meadows, California. Until her death in 1984, the facility was under the direction of Chief of Psychology, Karen Hopple. By 2019, the asylum was overseen by Donna Chambers.
Red Meadows Asylum is a psychiatric facility for the criminally insane located in Red Meadows, California. Karen Hopple was the Chief of Psychology until her death in July of 1984. At some point, Donna Chambers became its Medical Director and was present when Bobby Richter II came looking for answers about his father in 2019. In July of 1984, Benjamin Richter had escaped Red Meadows Asylum due to Donna's help and her need to understand the psychology of serial killers. Benjamin Richter went on to kill many of the counselors at Camp Redwood as well as Karen Hopple.
Staff, Inmates, and Visitors
- Karen Hopple - former medical director and Chief of Psychology
- Art - administrator
- Donna Chambers - Chief of Psychology; Medical director
- Benjamin Richter - former inmate
- Bobby Richter II - visitor
- Red Meadows Asylum is the second main insane asylum to be introduced in the series, the first being Briarcliff Manor.